UNIVERSITY OF NEWCASTLE - BUSINESS CASE PREPARATION
Business Case Preparation courses in Ourimbah. Move your ideas into action.
Learn Business Case Preparation in Sydney, Ourimbah and Hornsby with Business Case Preparation courses from NEWCourse at The University of Newcastle.
This business case course will provide you with a framework to develop a business case to fulfil any purpose and outcome. It will work through the essential components of a business case and assist you develop skills to boost the prospects of an effective outcome. This business case course will empower you with the tools required to scope, design and write up your business case to pitch to a Board, an executive committee, a finance committee, individual funders and philanthropists. Endorsement by the funding authority, requires business cases to provide robust supportive evidence. A business case must align to the strategic priorities of the business or the funder, ensure the right people and resources are engaged to deliver the project and identify key decision points for reporting on milestones, risks and their mitigation.
This business case course will guide participants through the various phases of developing an effective business case, within the context of an interactive course driven by a case study. Participants are welcome to work on their specific business case proposals ensuring appropriate protocols for confidentiality if necessary.
At the completion of this business case course you will learn to:
- Understand the purpose and need for a business case.
- Understand the importance of evidence to make a compelling case.
- Formulate the idea at the core of the business case.
- Plan, design and develop a compelling business case ready for submission to a relevant authority.
- Identify the key requirements for a sound business case template.
- Presenting a plausible case.
- Identify risks and mitigate them.
- Make recommendations and justify with evidence.
- Structure a sound cost-benefit analysis.
- Develop a convincing implementation plan.
This business case course will cover the following content:
- What is a Business Case?
- Why you would need to prepare Business Case?
- What Makes an Effective Business Case?
- Understanding your audience.
- Gaining support for your Business Case.
- Planning the Business Case
- Process for Business Case approval.
- Writing the Business Case
- Obtaining Endorsement for your Business Case.
- Monitoring & Reporting
This business case course is suitable for managers, supervisors and team leaders who contribute to or are responsible for the successful development of sound business case proposals. This business case course has been designed for business analysts, project managers and consultants from diverse sectors, including public and private enterprise.
This business case course will be delivered as an interactive workshop consisting of a instructor lead lecture, group and individual activities. This training approach allows participants to work through concepts introduced by the instructor in an application-focused teaching environment. Participants will challenge their understanding of the concepts and consider their application once back in their individual workplace.
This business case course has no prerequisites and is open to all members of the public.