$1.7million new ways to make a difference in the community
Date Published: 04-09-18
Central Coast residents and community groups can now apply for a share in more than $1.7million to create community events, activities and initiatives.Applications open today for funding through the first round of Central Coast Council’s 2018-19 Community Grants and Sponsorship Program.Council Director Connected Communities Julie Vaughan said this year’s program had been streamlined to ensure an even greater number of community projects will be eligible for funding.“Last year, Council introduced the coast-wide grants and sponsorship program, which was well received by the community,” Ms Vaughan said.
“This year, we have refined the program so applicants will have greater clarity about the best funding category for their project.”Mayor Jane Smith said the Community Grants and Sponsorship Program offers fantastic opportunities to not only improve the lifestyle of Coast residents but to promote the region as a great place to visit.“We want to hear all ideas no matter how big or small, as we want to see programs that are dynamic, responsive and targeted to support and grow local community development, sporting, environmental, tourism and economic development initiatives,” Mayor Smith said.
“With more than $1.7million up for grabs, this is a chance to think outside the square to deliver unique, big picture project or events to the Coast that really do make a difference,”“Together we can make the Central Coast the very best place it can be.”Applicants can apply for funds in the following categories:
- Community Support Grants
- Community Events and Place Activation Grants
- Community Infrastructure Grants
- Community Development Grants
- Social and Creative Enterprises Grants
- Heritage Grants
- SponsorshipApplications in most categories close on Friday, 5 October 2018. However, applications for Community Support Grants and Sponsorship Category 1 may be submitted throughout the year.Information sessions about the Community Grants and Sponsorship Program will be held at a number of locations across the Coast this month.To check session dates and venues, view individual program guidelines or to submit an application, visitcentralcoast.nsw.gov.au/funding.