RDACC CHAIR END OF YEAR UPDATE & CHRISTMAS MESSAGE
The Christmas and New Year period allows time to consider the things that we value most – family, friends and our wider community. It is a time to reflect on the year past and to set new goals for the following year.
On reflection, the Central Coast has enjoyed a year of progress that has been delivered by strong leadership from all regional stakeholders, which has laid a strong foundation for our region to create future success.
As a region, we have witnessed the development of a number of sustainable solutions to the challenges that we have faced on the Central Coast for many years. Together we have made real progress on stimulating our regional economy, delivering enabling infrastructure priorities and working towards the creation of local jobs.
I would like to take this opportunity to acknowledge the support that RDA Central Coast has received this year from our elected representatives as well as our valued partners across the region.
The Federal and State government provide RDA Central Coast with core operational funding, with project funding being provided primarily by Gosford & Wyong Councils and NSW Department of Industry.
RDA Central Coast enjoys valuable collaborative relationships with a wide range of stakeholders including Department of Premier & Cabinet, Central Coast Tourism, Central Coast Regional Development Corporation, University of Newcastle Ourimbah Campus, Darkinjung Local Aboriginal Land Council, UDIA Central Coast, TAFE NSW, Central Coast NSW Business Chamber, local Business Chambers, regional education and training providers, the not-for-profit sector and our very supportive media organisations.
The continued level of collaboration and support from all regional partners is paramount to the ongoing success of RDA Central Coast and our region and we look forward to further enhancing these important relationships in 2016.
I would also like to commend the RDA Central Coast Board and staff for their leadership and work over the past year, which will ensure that RDA Central Coast will further assist the region to grow and prosper over the coming years.
RDA Central Coast is very proud of the organisations achievements over the past year, which has included:
- The ongoing management and the ongoing review of the Central Coast Regional Economic Development and Employment Strategy.
- Successfully leading the delivery of the Central Coast ‘Infrastructure Priorities List’ which has been prepared as part of the Regional Economic Development & Employment Strategy with all regional partners.
This list clearly articulates the key, regionally significant enabling infrastructure needs of the region that will directly assist in delivering additional jobs and to drive further investment on the Central Coast.
In excess of 500 million dollars has now been allocated to these projects for delivery.
- Assisting the region to gain in excess of 30 million dollars from the National Stronger Regions Fund, due to the high quality of the applications submitted and the regional support and endorsements of these projects.
2015, has been an outstanding year for RDA Central Coast and we look forward to collaborating with all of our regional stakeholders in 2016 to deliver enhanced economic outcomes for the Central Coast.
The RDA Central Coast Board and staff wish our local residents and businesses a Merry Christmas and a very happy New Year.
Regional Development Australia Central Coast
- RDA CENTRAL COAST CEO WELCOMES 50 MILLION FUNDING ANNOUNCEMENT TO DELIVER FOOD AGILITY COOPERATIVE RESEARCH CENTRE.
- HELPING OUR CENTRAL COAST KIDS ACHIEVE THEIR EDUCATIONAL GOALS.
- HIGH SPEED RAIL & THE CENTRAL COAST FORUM.
- ART CENTRAL.
- REGIONAL ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT & EMPLOYMENT STRATEGY (REDES) EXECUTIVE MEETING.