STRONGER COMMUNITIES PROGRAMME GRANTS - ROUND 2
Stronger Communities Programme Grants – Round 2
The second grant round of the Turnbull Government’s Stronger Communities Programme is now open for applications.
The Stronger Communities Programme (SCP) is designed to deliver social benefits to our local area. Round 1 saw more than 70 local groups apply.
Funding of $150,000 will be available through Round 2 to support projects in our Robertson electorate. Applicants can seek a grant from $5,000 to $20,000 and must match the SCP grant in cash or in-kind support on a dollar for dollar basis.
If you are interested in applying for a grant please complete the project proposal form and return to our office by Monday 21 March.
The form will be considered by the Robertson Consultative Committee and they will determine which proposals are progressed as an Applicant onto the Department of Infrastructure and Regional Development.
If the Consultative Committee deem your project proposal as being successful, you will be invited to formally apply for the grant.
To check if your organisation is eligible, here’s a brief rundown:
Applicants eligible for funding
- Be a community based not-for-profit organisation in its own right that is not owned by state or territory government; or
- Be a local governing body; and
- A legal entity with a current Australian Business Number (ABN).
The following organisations are not eligible for funding
- State and territory governments;
- State and territory government –owned entities;
- State and territory government-owned not-for-profit organisations;
- Universities, technical colleges, schools and hospitals;
- Other organisations which are primarily supported by other Australian Government programmes or initiatives;
- Regional Development Australia committees; and
- For-profit organisations.
To be eligible for funding a project must:
- Be for capital purchases / activities; and
- Contribute to an improvement in local community participation and cohesion and contribute to the vibrancy and viability of the community.
The following items are considered to be ineligible for funding:
- Expenditure incurred prior to the announcement that the project has been successful in its application for funding;
- Provision of services and support activities;
- Payment of salaries for existing staff or contractors;
- Recurring or ongoing expenditure (eg. annual maintenance);
- Projects that seek funding to stage events, exhibit a display or for filming;
- Projects to undertake studies or investigations;
- Purchase of land buildings; or
- Projects that involve the development of private or commercial ventures including licensed areas of registered clubs.
If you would like to apply for a Stronger Communities Programme grant please email Lucy Wicks the completed project proposal form by Monday 21 March.
If you have any questions about this opportunity or any other matter, please don’t hesitate to contact Lucy Wicks' office.
Lucy Wicks MP
Federal Member for Robertson
Level 3, 69 Central Coast Highway, West Gosford NSW 2250
(02) 4322 2400 | Parliament: (02) 6277 4738 |