Contract awarded for New Intercity Fleet
The NSW Government has awarded a contract to build and maintain more than 500 new train carriages as part of the New Intercity Fleet program.
New features on the intercity fleet will include:
- Wider seats with arm rests and more space
- Charging stations for mobile devices for each seat
- Cup holders and tray tables
- Two by two seating on upper and lower levels
- Dedicated space for luggage, prams, bicycles and wheelchairs
- Accessible toilets
- Digital screens and announcements
- CCTV and passenger intercoms
- Modern air conditioning.
A new purpose built maintenance facility will be built at Kangy Angy on the NSW Central Coast to service and maintain the new fleet of trains, subject to planning approval.
Please visit the project website on www.transport.nsw.gov.au/projects and go the Intercity Fleet Program page for further information on the project and to view early concept design images of the new fleet.
For community enquiries, contact the project team by email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1800 684 490.