Invest in the Region
The NSW Central Coast has attracted a strong, innovative manufacturing sector that has grown in the past 12 months against the national trend, due to:
- Affordable existing and greenfield sites leading to lower establishment costs.
- Five million people within a two hour drive with a growing population makes the Central Coast an ideal manufacturing location.
- Easy access to transport infrastructure including national highways, ports and airports.
- Motivated and loyal workforce: 38,000 people commute to Sydney or Newcastle to work.
- World Class Education facilities: University of Newcastle and Hunter TAFE are drivers for learning and innovation.
- Industry Support: The Central Coast Manufacturers Connect is a strong manufacturing cluster that has been formed through the collaboration of the major NSW industry bodies and local manufacturing and engineering organisations.
- Significant and well known food brands have operations on the Central Coast, including Sanitarium, McCain, Masterfoods and Cordina Farms. Dynamic engineering firms including Pall Australia and Alfa Laval Aalborg Industries. Other manufacturers including TrendPAC and Borg Manufacturing are servicing national markets from facilities on the Central Coast.
- Emerging Food & Beverage Industry including Eastcoast Foods & Beverages, Six String Brewing Company, Block ‘n Tackle Brewery, Julie’s Place, Little Creek Cheese, Luka Handcrafted Chocolates, Wattle Tree Creek Bush Foods.