Supporting Modern Manufacturing
One such project, the Central Coast Food Innovation Initiative is a critical economic development program developed and led by RDA Central Coast. It leverages the Central Coast’s underlying existing strengths and realises economic benefit by growing and innovating our local food, beverage and agricultural industry. It aims to:
Build regional business competitiveness.
Develop export opportunities.
Encourage national and international trade through innovation, education and research.
Support the growth and development of modern manufacturing across the region.
The signing of the Central Coast Food Innovation MOU between The University of Newcastle, RDA Central Coast and Central Coast Industry Connect.
These objectives are achieved by utilising a best practice innovation model developed by the University of Newcastle (UoN)’s Newcastle Institute for Energy and Resources (NIER).
In 2018, a formal partnership between RDA Central Coast, the University of Newcastle (including NIER) and Central Coast Industry Connect was established to build the Central Coast’s reputation as an internationally renowned centre of excellence in food innovation.
- Attract investment for a Central Coast Food Manufacturing Precinct and Innovation Hub.
- Opening of the first ever Australian Food & Agribusiness Doctoral Training Centre (DTC).
- Launch of the NSW Government’s Food and Beverage Manufacturing Industry Development Strategy.
- Coordinate and host the Food and Advanced Agriculture Regional Delegation for the NSW – Guangdong Governments Joint Economic Meeting.
- Formation of the Central Coast Food Alliance.
- National MARS Seeds of Change Accelerator Program.
- Establishment of the Food Science Research Group.
- Marketing the Central Coast as a premier food destination.
Download the Central Coast Food Innovation Initiative Information Booklet or Contact Us to find out more.